July 12, 2017

Hip, Hippo, Hooray! {CTD451}

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!

It’s time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge, and this week, Amy has challenged us to use the GORGEOUS combination of dark pink, pale pink, green and white! LOVE!

Print

I am OBSESSED with this color combination! I’ve used the ADORABLE new Happy Hippos and Happy Hippos Die-namics for my card today. I started by creating my background, which is a panel of Ranger Watercolor Paper cut with Blueprints 13 Die-namics. Using Distress Inks, I created a watercolored background. LOVE.

The hippo, balloons, hat and cupcake were all cut from X-Press It Blending Card using the Happy Hippos Die-namics, and I stamped them all with Happy Hippos using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. I colored them with Copic Markers and then added shimmer to the balloons, hat and icing of the cupcake using a Clear Wink of Stella Brush Marker. I popped him up with Foam Tape and then added a sentiment panel, cut from Smooth White Card Stock using the new Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips Die-namics. I stamped “HIP, HIPPO, HOORAY” from Happy Hippos using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. A trio of enamel dots finished off the card.

Print

swatch451

Check out what the Color Throwdown Team has created today!

Barbara Anders

Broni Holcombe

Lisa Henke

Lori Tecler

Lynn Put

Vickie Zimmer

Wanda Cullen

Amy Rysavy

Amy Rohl

Tracey McNeely, this month’s AMAZING Guest Designer!

Marge this week’s FABULOUS Guest Star Stamper!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

cupsignature

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Jodi! I love that you watercoloured the background, makes it so festive. I order this set last night, who can resist a cute hippo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! What colors did you use in inks and Copics?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!